Thursday, July 19, 2012


"Sunrise at Leo Carrillo",  7"x10" Field Study
Copyright F. Serrano 2012

SOLD

I couldn't believe how lucky I was to drive an hour
to the beach and find this scene just starting 
 to unfold.  With my hot coffee in hand and 
easel on my back I hiked down to the sand to
find my spot.  I could feel the warmth of the sun
on my face and at the same time a cool breeze
coming off of the water.  So peaceful,  I had to 
say a quick prayer before setting up my easel to 
thank God for such a beautiful day!
 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just listened to your interview with Artists Helping Artists...Love your free and easy attitude about life and your work. Then I came to your blog to see your paintings and not only enjoyed your talent in painting, but how refreshing to see you thanking God for the beautiful day.

You have blessed me today. Thank you for sharing your art and your life.

F. Serrano said...

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and appreciate your very kind words.

Brenda Boylan said...

Beautiful work Frank. I honestly feel your joy in the painting experience, as if I were there viewing it live. Thanks for sharing.

F. Serrano said...

Thank you!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Love the light in your paintings Frank! Listened to you on Artists Helping Artists, really enjoyed it.Thanks!!

F. Serrano said...

Thank you Karen!